Moisturizer is an essential player in any skincare treatment regimen. As one of the last layers applied to the face, it locks in hydration and maintains a healthy barrier between your skin and the environment. Different skin types have unique and different needs when it comes to facial moisturizer. Plus most moisturizers on the market are multi-tasking, hi-tech blends of antiaging, anti-oxidizing, brightening, and hydrating elements. Even our girls here at HDC each have their favorites, ranging from exclusive lines to over-the-counter, drugstore brands.
Here are some of our favorites at Honet Dermatology:
- Jasmine adores Aveeno® Positively Radiant® Daily Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30. She loves this moisturizer because of its lightweight coverage. It doesn’t leave her feeling greasy or heavy, while allowing her makeup to go on smoothly. The SPF 30 is an extra bonus, and an essential at HDC!
- Raneen and Sarah both love Replenix® Ultra Lite Moisturizer. Sarah has more acne-prone skin, so it layers on smoothly and absorbs into her skin evenly after the application of her topical acne medication. Raneen’s skin is more on the dry side, so this moisturizer which is pumped with vitamin A, vitamin C, and Vitamin E helps her skin feel hydrated and nourished all day long. This moisturizer is a “cult-favorite” among our patients too.
- Replenix® Restorative Nighttime Bio-Therapy is Kori’s favorite moisturizer. This has been her go-to for quite some time now. Not only does she love the hydration it provides, but it also gives her the reparative boosts to her skin while she sleeps. Fortified with ceramides, green tea polyphenols, resveratrol, caffeine, apple stem cells, peptides, and hyaluronic acid, it helps to guide against sun damage and reducing the appearance of wrinkles. No wonder that Kori loves this multi-tasking night cream, where she wakes up to glowing skin every morning.
- Senada’s personal favorite is the Restorsea® PRO Rebalancing Lotion. This is one of her favorite products of all time. She uses a small pea-sized amount over her entire face as the last layer. It really helps her skin look calm and more radiant. Lucky Senada has always had clear skin, but she has never gotten as many compliments as she has received since she started using this product.
- One of Adelle’s favorite moisturizers is the Restorsea® Restoring Night Cream with Vibransea Complex. She loves using this night cream as a moisturizer even during the day. Although its consistency is a little heavier, she enjoys the extra emollient quality. It would especially help those of you with extremely dry skin. Besides the uniquely brilliant and proprietary Vibransea™ Complex, one of the key ingredients of this rich night cream is wild oat extract, which is calming and soothing to even the most sensitive skin.
- Dr. Honet has many favorites, but her current one is the TNS® Essential Serum. Although it has a hefty price tag and is not strictly a moisturizer, this is a multitasker on steroids. It contains not only the TNS® Recovery Complex, which Dr. Honet has been using for years, but it boasts alpha-arbutin (skin brightener), peptides, polyphenols, and numerous antioxidants and vitamins to nourish your skin. Plus it contains microspheres of hyaluronic acid to hydrate your skin all day long. Combined with the SkinMedica®’s HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator, the TNS® Essential Serum is a powerhouse of rejuvenation. Dr. Honet loves this combination for her skin. Who doesn’t want a moisturizer that is also antiaging?
As you can see, not all moisturizers are created equally, so stop into the office and we would love to share our skin care tips with you. Let Dr. Honet and her staff create a facial treatment regimen that meets your unique skin type and needs perfectly.
–Senada with Dr. HonetWhat’s Up with Moisturizers?